Tuesday 9 February 2010

More old postcards/photographs


I wish birthday cards were still like this. I wish we still sent each other postcards and that the internet wasn't so fundamental to everyday life, yet here I am writing a blog. Hypocritical?
I think the oldest here is from 1904, I keep looking for photographs/postcards from the 19th century but they seem to be so expensive. I saw an envelope with several stamps and postmarks on from the late 19th century and it was £20, just for an envelope. I need to set some money aside that I can just spend on this hobby of mine, or at least limit myself to buying a couple of Victorian photographs each month. It seems that people are aware of the value of such things.












1 comment:

  1. Can see the value in them, now.

    Until you said they were expensive, I'd never have considered the intrinsic value, but I s'pose there's no re-prints, no back-ups ...

    Nice selection!

    ReplyDelete